Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 6: HK

So we've reached day 6.
And boy, was it raining when i woke up. I contemplated not going out due to heavy rains, but since i thought i need to collect my fixed pants, i decided to go out.
But since i needed some cash, i went to Tsim Sha Tsui, to exchange some money.
I like the rates =D $1AUD = $7.44HK

Also, this time i remebered to take a picture of this bell at the City University of Hong Kong. its a nice bell with a nice seating area imo.
Photobucket


Anyway, after exchanging, i decided to visit the Hong Kong Musuem of History.
So yes, its a musuem on the history of hong kong.
It started off with the geographical location and creation of hong kong, then to prehistoric people and finally into the culture of Qin and Qing dynasties, imigration of Han chinese, and later on 4 distinct ethnics residing there.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm not sure if the symbols actually mean anything.


Then on the next level, we get introduced to the british introduction, opium wars, japanese occupation, one level was sadly closed because of height fixtures, and then finally the hand over of HK back to China.


After that, thinking i collected my purchased pants from yesterday at 5, i mis-read the time and arrived at Festival Walkway (the shopping mall), and only realised i read the wrong time at Kowloon Tong Station.
But at least this gave me more time for clothes shopping. I actually had cash to spend this time xD
Purchased some pants, t-shirts and belts.
For once, im' not actually looking for size small for clothing xD Medium size suits me =D
At least one store did.

Has anyone ever heard of Patagonia? Its a fairly cool store imo. i like their clothes. but they're expensive. Funnily enough, the one t-shirt i really wanted only had size medium. And that was definitely too large for me. and since the jackets and other shirts were also too expensive.
So off to Columbia i went.
They seemed to have this promo discout going on. buy 3 discounted items, get a further 10% off + this free cooler bag.
I thought i might as well buy an extra pair of short pants, belt, bag and shoes.
MAN! the shoes are comfy =D
unfortunately they didn't have my size -_-
all size 9s and 10s were sold out.
size 8 you could say was a perfect fit, except i wasn't wearing socks. (i'm wearing sandals remember?) So yes.. i really wanted those shoes, and the shop assisstant happily mentioned that she could look for other stores if they have any in stock.
It'll come next week though xD
So there, those shoes are nice, comfy, light. Really different in the way i walk, its like i'm walking on cushions xD
I can't wait till i get em ^_^

So thats about it, i'm thinking of taking a small break tomorrow, despite having to collect my pants -_-
Yes, i never collected those 'adjusted pants'. Did you know that if the pants need fixing/tailoring, they'll do it free of charge? o_O? I never recall having that kind of service in australia, but i like this service =D considering i'm short. (But i'm actually kind of average height in HK, i've never seen so many people shorter than me. It's like. "Hey, not everyone is taller than me =D"

So yea, my pants will arrive tomorrow xD

Oh yea, a reminder.
I find it interesting that at the university, they have weather warnings.
Photobucket
This is what i saw when i was going out
Photobucket

This is what i saw when i was coming back

*fingers cross for my pants* >.< !

~Jalin

4 comments:

nugget said...

smile! because youve just been bookmarked on my RSS feeds =D good to see youre still around. youre totally like the only person who i met online originally who still chats to me. even if the last time was half year ago or more =o

keep writing =) though with all the holiday time on your hands hopefully you can produce something nice and lengthy over time =D

Unknown said...

Jose:
hehe, indeed, it has been a long time, and i'm glad you're well too.

something nice and lengthy? I don't mind, but i'm a bit peeved at this keyboard, some keys don't work as well as i want.
i miss my old keyboard *sob*

But i will put lengthy or at least higher-content-based stuff later on, afterall. I did place a rambling label ^_^

Anonymous said...

After reading your posts about HK, it makes me want to go, but I'll need to lose a good few pounds before so I can take advantage of the cheap shopping.

Never heard of Patagonia. Don't think we have it here. I didn't know they'll alter your clothes for free! I definitely must go now.

Hahah, yeah. That's the great thing about being in an Asian country. Everything is sized to your height, even the people around you.

Unknown said...

Lilyes: im' sure you're fine the way you are now, but if your worried, why not sauna or up the stairs or something?
But glad you want to come to HK now xD
Patagonia seems to be a store thats for outdoors type, not as strong as columbia though.