Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HK Day 5.

Before going into my usual blog mode, i have a few words to say.

1) Sandals are the way to go during HK Typhoon season
2) Small one-man umbrellas are NOT the way to go during HK typhoon season
3) The HK Oct-(something) card is much more handy than i thought.
4) It's such a pain to constantly convert the prices, but you forget to convert your cash on hand.
5) Go the sandals!


So yes, as you should (or now do) know that summer is HK's typhoon or rainy season. Rain and winds are inevitable.
I had *finally* made *a somewhat* smart choice in buying an umbrella before i go out.

So off i went, passing through the Hong Kong City University.
Photobucket
The so called front entrance i went into


Photobucket
The so called 'back' entrance i came out of.


And into the shopping mall.
I'd say its at least the size of Parramatta Westfields since the last i went, however, that was a few years ago xD
Its large enough nontheless.

I also happened to find 'Taste', its some super large super market.
Woolworths, Coles, Franklins will never ever not that it really has impress me anymore.
I found apples larger than the size of my fist o_O
I didn't want to take a pic because i'd feel bad if i take a picture of their fresh fruit produce. Either way, off i went to go shoping for clothes.
Clothes are non the less still expensive, especially the ones that i like.
If they aren't cheaper, than my mind has suddenly went 'clothes MUST be cheaper than the clothes i WANT to be as cheap as but never will in australia'
Now if you got all that stuff in the quotation marks understandable, you'll have my thumbs up. If you can't, no worries considering its got poor grammar. A few commas here and there would solve your problem, but i'll leave you to it.

So yes, i looked around all the shops that interested me in the mall. I also found an Ice Rink IN the mall o_o.
Photobucket

I've only ever been ice skating once. it was pretty fun, even if it was 1 hour falling, 1 hour learning, 1 hour practise, with a foot with muscular/flesh damage at the end of the day.

After that, i had some lunch using the oct-whatever card. It definitely came in handy, otherwise i owuldn't have enough cash to buy clothes @_@
this is what i ate, dissapointing really when HK has so much food around.
Photobucket
Toast, Ham, Pork Cutlet, i think its 2? teaspoons of sugar, either way, i was amazed at how long it took to empty that stupid packet. And that butter was super soft >.> and it wasn't even hot. i felt cold in the air con there.


One shop intrigued me, i had happen to find a Burger King clothing store o_O
It was my first time seeing a fast food chain, being used as such for clothing. The clothes weren't too bad, but expensive @_@
PhotobucketPhotobucket
all clothes were black and white too xD


And here are some more photos, and the fourth pic, is the HK University too, but i just wanted those two statues there. reminds me of statue foxes guarding japanese shrines. and those are actually chinese dragons there in case you couldn't figure it out

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


So yes, on the way home (after a small purchase which depleted my wallet of usable cash) it rained. Heavily. Taking out my small umbrella i thought "ah-hah! i beat you rain!" but no, the umbrella is only a job for light rain xD
but thats ok, my torso is dry. My feet were wet though, which concludes why i mentioned "Sandals are the way to go in typhoon season!" xD
Even though shoes are my prefered form of footwear, but in this case, sandals are the rules in practibility and efficiency. I dont' want to walk home with wet shoes and soaked socks.
I'm so happy, it hasn't even been an hour and my sandals are atmosphere-dried already >.>
Well thats about it,
Hope you're enjoying your weather on your end guys ^_^

~Jalin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember being out in a typhoon rain before. I had a lot of fun for someone who came from the desert and rarely get any rain. I didn't learn my lesson about wearing sandals though.

Yeah... those umbrellas aren't very helpful.

Unknown said...

Lilyes: ooh, at least you've been in typhoon rain, i have yet have had the chance. or at least the rain 'im expecting fro a typhoon hasn't come yet.

Hm... don't girls usualy wear open type of shoes? So you have half the experiance alreaday perhaps? o_O?
coz i generally lived my life wearing shoes, and only sandals/thongs for when i go out the back yard.